The Music Equipment You Will Need To Get Started Gigging As A Singer
So, you want to start doing cafe /restaurant/ corporate gigs eh?
Glad to hear you’re ready to start earning some cash from your singing and start performing! However, there is a certain amount of equipment you will need to get started. This particularly applies for things like cafe gigs where there is generally no PA system organised for the musicians and you have to bring all of your own equipment in.
So today I have the lowdown on what gear you absolutely need, I’ll give you my recommendations for equipment I’ve tried and tested myself and I’ll also share some inside tips on things you DO need to start gigging, but you probably haven’t thought of.
Links to all the equipment mentioned:
- Resources Page: http://bit.ly/2BjFzpM
- Shure 58 (original) mic: http://amzn.to/2hPyqos
- Shure 58 Beta mic: http://amzn.to/2A8Dq00
- Shure Beta 87A (the mic I use): http://amzn.to/2zjoKd3
- Microphone stand (cheap): http://amzn.to/2hQ9Nbs
- Microphone stand (weighted base): http://amzn.to/2A2jA8y
- Yamaha StagePas PA unit: http://amzn.to/2A3pDJP
- Yamaha StagePas (bigger): http://amzn.to/2A3Ydnt
- Sibelius (chart making software, full package): http://amzn.to/2hPCPYq
- Sibelius (basic edition): http://amzn.to/2A8XrmO
Try these tutorials next!
Sound sexy when you sing! In this tutorial I break down Alice Fredenham’s uber sultry singing technique so you can borrow her style.
How To Find Your Singing StyleWhen you first start out singing, quite often you want to know how to find a sound that is unique to you. That ‘style’ that makes you stand out from all of the other singers out there. So how do you develop that? How do you find your...
My updated list of the best and worst drinks for singers that are gigging, recording and doing any performance and you need your voice to stay in tip top condition.
Ready to learn more and improve faster?
Join my six week Singing Academy and build the voice you’ve always wanted.
Get Four FREE Vocal Warm Ups!
I'll also send you tips on improving your singing.